Monday, August 22, 2011

A BIG Salad leads to a new discovery

I was determined to keep today ultra chill after my AM logistics phone calls. I didn't care that I had no GPS because I am a GPS when it comes to Central PA. I know almost every paved and unpaved road in the area and can remember where most of them will take me. This knowledge is a result of driving endlessly in search of something or other while I grew up here. Usually we were looking for a suitable hiding spot to crush beers or shoot guns. Enough with that......

Today I took a route that looked like this.






Not the longest ride by any means but a very twisty and scenic ride of about 150 miles give or take.
While in Slate Run at the Hotel Manor to eat lunch I met a server named J. When she heard about my trip she offered up a large amount of local brewery knowledge. She suggested I go to Straub Brewery in St. Mary's PA. She also suggested I go to a place I have never heard of called Yorkholo brewing Co. in Mansfield, PA. I decided that it would be a worthwhile trip and made that my next stop. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived there. The brewers Jared and Scott along with the servers and Ashley, one of the co owners, were very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in this project. They are now going to be the first of my visits tomorrow at 11AM.

Here is a ling to my photobucket account for this trip. If it doesn't work I will switch to smugmug.

Photobucket RTF










No comments:

Post a Comment