Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bike Prep and Pre-trip nervousness. Thursday Aug 18th.

It defies all logic to go on a trip like this with no income and no prospects for a job on my horizon. This thought is the only constant in my mind right now. Other thoughts come and go and I am having a hard time organizing the trip or even planning a route.

Luckily I know how to get a bike prepped for a trip and this is a welcome distraction from my "should I do this or not?" mantra.

My bike is in need of a rear tire, brakes, and an thorough rogering.        



The service comes courtesy of Greater Boston Motorsports in  Arlington, MA. If you live nearby or are just in the area stop by and check them out.

After dropping off my bike I rode a bus for the first time since high school. It was pretty inoffensive as modes of transport go, and it goes almost right to Redbones in Davis Square.

 After a pint or two an order of catfingers, and some hushpuppies


I was ready to head for home and wait for news about my bike. I really can't wait to get going so I can calm down. Riding is great therapy. Not having a job is not.







No comments:

Post a Comment