Monday, August 22, 2011

Mon Aug 22

After a morning of phone calls and coffee I am set for the early PA leg of the trip. I called Garmin and was assisted by a woman named Renee. She is second day mailing me a new mount for only the price of freight. It is nice to see some people stand by their product. I also called two area breweries I have been in contact with.

On Wed I will help brew at Elk Creek Cafe and Ale Works in Millheim, PA. I feel like I might be in the way there as they are a small operation. Cheers to Tim for allowing me to stop by. The location is a Huge bonus as it is surrounded by great roads! It is sure to become a destination for motorcyclists in the coming years.  If there are riders reading check the area maps and you will see what I mean. drinking and riding don't mix. be responsible. 




On Thursday I will be bottling beer with the guys at Otto's Pub and Brewery in State College, PA.  This is where I got most of my early beer knowledge and really started to develop a taste for great craft beer. Charlie  is an awesome Brewer and makes what might be the best Double IPA I have ever tasted. When you stop by try some Double D IPA. It is almost too good to believe.


Now I am going to go enjoy the roads of this beautiful area and if I find another brewery to visit that would be terrific. Until Wednesday evening. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment