Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday AUG 21

Departure


Now that I am pretty sure I have everything I need or want it's time to ride. The last thing to take care of before I leave is Breakfast with my girlfriend and our upstairs neighbors. Breakfast meats should dull my anxiety.

All fed and caffeinated we return home and Katie and I say our goodbyes. This is also where I pretend that the cats want a goodbye. Katie has been my biggest supporter since this idea arose. Imagine your other half stating plainly "I have been fired by a complete buffoon today. I am not that upset about it overall. What I am going to do is take a 6 week tour of the US by motorcycle and geek out on breweries." Most people would probably think twice about whether they are with the right person. I am sure that was rattling around in there somewhere. Still, whenever I tried to talk myself out of this trip she reassured me. Now I am heading out.

I had to leave the house twice today. My first exit had me hitting the local automotive store straight away. I wanted to get a 2 amp fuse for my gps cradle. Upon installing that I found out that the problem lies somewhere other than the cradle. Bummer. This will complicate things. The gps is essential to avoiding the wrong types of roads while traveling. It is also, for me, essential to find my way to each brewery. I will order one later when I get to my Moms house.

The only benefit of the gps mount not functioning turns out to be a major one. I come to realize that I have forgotten my camera charger, usb cable, and my ipod charger at home. I have to return home to get these things and try to figure out what to do about the mount.

After determining there is nothing to be done with the mount and collecting my forgotten items it is nearly noon and my early start has been avoided. That's fine I like riding at dusk on PA rte80. It's like a surreal live action frogger of sorts. So I have that to look forward to.

The trip here was mostly highway and uneventful. The only exceptions were periods of rain and a few deer crossing the road. no photos were taken today. I am in Central PA at my Mothers 12 foot 12 person dining room table typing on a laptop that I can't get used to waiting for my new netbook to arrive. I am also going to try to find a mount for my gps today and ride the roads of central PA. I am waiting to hear back from two local brewers on final scheduling

Now we are up to date and will stay that way.


...a note...
I have decided to keep pictures limited here and focus more on writing. This will allow my ride report on advrider to be more about the riding and photos. From here on out I am going to focus on getting brewery and travel stories posted here.

Also,

If you are interested in having me stop at your brewery please contact me and we will discuss how we can make that happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment